Opening Date: May 1, 2014
Closing Date: July 1, 2014
The Star of Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church of Ossining, NY is presently accepting application for the position of Pastor. The church was organized November 12, 1890 and has a rich history including doctrinally sound preach, teaching, youth ministry, and community involvement. Star of Bethlehem serves approximately 250 members. We seek to continue to build upon our rich legacy with a pastor who exemplifies the principles outlined in 1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
The following qualifications are required:
• An ordained Baptist minister
• Master’s degree preferred from an accredited seminary or college and at least 5 years of pastoral experience of congregational preaching and teaching, administrative and organizational leadership in a church setting, and strong community involvement.
• Demonstrated visionary leadership to grow the church membership that is rooted in the word of God.
• Promote ministering to the social and spiritual needs of a diverse community.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
Desired qualifications include:
• Ability to apply principles of financial management
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Embrace a vision for the body of Christ and the ability to engage others in the achievement of common goals.
• Goal-oriented and progressive attitude.
• Experienced in leading ministry teams as well as participation within those teams.
• Belief in and adherence to the practice of Baptist doctrine, ordinances, and polity.
Interested Candidates should include:
• Cover Letter
• Copy of Ministerial License and Certificate of Ordination
• Published works (if applicable)
• Submit application package to :
Attention: Pastoral Search Committee
Star of Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church
PO Box 532
Ossining, New York 10562
Empire Baptist Missionary Convention of New York
ANNUAL SESSION 2015
“The Grand Reunion”
More Information to Follow.
Announcement for Pulpit Vacancy
Thursday, August 29, 2013
The Mt. Calvary Baptist Church of Albany, NY is prayerfully searching for a Senior Pastor due to the recent retirement of our Pastor, Rev. Robert W. Dixon, after thirty-six years of God-led service to our congregation. Mt. Calvary has been established in the City of Albany for seventy-eight years and we are affiliated with the National Baptist Convention, USA, the Empire Missionary Baptist Convention of New York State and the Central Hudson Baptist Association. We are a church with great potential for spiritual and physical growth located in the South End of the City of Albany
We are seeking a Pastor who meets the following minimum requirements:
• Must be guided by the principles set forth in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus1:5-9
• Must be a person of prayer, good faith, Godly character and Divinely called to God’s ministry
• Must be baptized by immersion as set forth by Baptist doctrine
• Must have personal character and financial standing that is above reproach, both inside and outside the church
• Must be able to lead, and communicate effectively with congregants and key staff of the church
• Must practice the Biblical principles of Christian stewardship
• Must be licensed, trained and ordained in the Baptist ministry
• Must have, at least, a Bachelor’s Degree from a seminary, divinity school or Bible college
• Pastoral experience preferred
• Must have a demonstrated ability to deliver biblically sound, inspirational and spirit- filled sermons
• Must exhibit great leadership, administrative and communication abilities
• Must be an effective teacher of Christian education and Baptist doctrine
Duties of the Pastor:
• Serve as spiritual leader for the congregation
• Provide guidance, instruction and support for all ministries of the Church
• Plan and conduct worship service
• Officiate at weddings, funerals, baptisms, communion and other functions of the Church
• Provide Pastoral guidance and counseling to congregants as needed
• Develop and teach Christian Education to promote the spiritual growth and understanding of the congregation
• Develop and grow the Youth of the church into strong, committed Christians
• Show a service commitment to the local community through church programs
• Provide Pastoral guidance and comfort during times of congregant bereavement, illness, or other conditions of tribulation.
If you feel that you meet the minimum qualifications outlined above, please submit the following items to the Pulpit Committee for consideration:
• A Current resume
• A cover letter explaining why you are interested in pastoring our church and any other information you would like the Committee to know about you
• Copy of certificate of license and ordination
• Copy of your degree(s) as described in Professional Requirements
• Written references from at least two clergy, two laypersons, and two other persons, not related to you, who have known you for at least five (5) years.
• A DVD of a recent biblically based sermon AND teaching session.
Please mail these items, NO LATER THAN Tuesday, December 31, 2013 to:
Mt. Calvary Baptist Church
ATTN: Pulpit Committee
P.O. Box 5404
Albany, NY 12205
PLEASE DO NOT MAIL THESE ITEMS TO THE CHURCH’S ADDRESS.
USE ONLY THE PO BOX LISTED ABOVE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
The Pulpit Committee will acknowledge receipt of all candidate packages that are submitted to us on a timely basis. Final candidates will be notified and sent additional instructions and information.